From Sonic Retro
KZG4 (more commonly known as Kurk) is a shitty rom hacker.
KZG4 played Sonic 1 on the Wii Virtual Console as a child and loved it so much he decided to spend 5+ years of his life hacking it. He joined SSRG in 2016 and eventually Retro in 2019. He became friends with many up-and-coming ROM hackers in the early years, but felt shunned by the community and rarely interacted outside of a few small groups for several years. He also befriended several skilled sceners but ruined their friendships either due to him lacking decorum while speaking. However, he regained his reputation and worked on a few notable hacks, but he also spends time making his own. Nowadays, you'll usually find him on Discord making shitty jokes or talking about his deteriorating mental health. He will also edit this wiki from time to time. He is also a musician and has music credits in a number of projects.
- Sonic 1: Warped World (2016): Level Designer, Coder
- Sonic and the Mystic Gems (2016-2017): Beta Testing, Coding
- Sonic 1: Nightmare Simulator (2017): Music Ports
- Sonic Kyukyoku (2018): Music, Coding, Beta Testing
- Various Projects in Team Kyukyoku (2018-2019): Coding, Music, Level Design
- AMPS In Sonic 2 (2019): Beta Testing
- a bunch of other shit that hasn't been released yet
- Sonic 1 Time Twister (2015-2016) - A critically panned Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit) hack that was released at the Sonic Hacking Contest 2016. It was a contender for the Big Trophy but lost to whatever Royameadow made that year. KZG4 is still salty about not getting the Big Trophy.
- Virtua Sonic (2016-2018) - A Kaizo-Like hack of Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit). It had Virtual Boy-Esque palettes. It was a "side hack" of sorts. It never saw a public release.
- Sonic 1 Remade (2016-2019) - A hack of Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit) that aimed to give Sonic 1 a new coat of paint. Had several releases from 2017-2018, and was even released at the Sonic Hacking Contest in 2018. The hack was put on hold in early 2019 due to lack of ideas on how to improve on the game, but it is still sporadically updated from time to time.
- Sonic: Rise Of Metallix (2018-Present) - A story-driven hack of Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit) based on the Project Sonic 1: Two-Eight disasm. After early prototyping during the summer of 2018, a design document was drafted. The hack was in active development from May 2019 to January 2020, but it was put on hold due to the breakup of the team. Recently, work has resumed on this hack and it will see a release soon™.
- Sonic 1 For Uber Players (2020-Present) - A hack of Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit) based on the Project Sonic 1: Two-Eight disasm. It's main goal is to become the most challenging non-kaizo sonic hack. It started development in January 2020, and it's still being developed as of today.
- Port Flamewing's Sonic 3 & Knuckles Sound Driver
- more coming soon
Here are a few things people have said about Kurk