Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)/Development
From Sonic Retro
So as we know, there have been a few prerelease videos released in the run-up to the game, which include:
- The Mean Machines Sega promotional VHS, which shows a build that looks to have come a little later after the Simon Wai prototype and shows Emerald Hill, Chemical Plant and Hill Top. Also, Tails has Sonic's life icon in 2P VS Mode.
- The Spanish promotional VHS, which shows a build that appears to be much like the one in the above video, except Tails now has his own life icon in 2P VS (but still says "SONIC").
- A preview of the game shown on the UK game show Gamesmaster, which shows a build made later from the above two videos, with work-in-progress title cards and a Casino Night with a finalised design but different object placement. Nobody ever seems to talk about the build in this video.
- Truth be told, I don't know. I've been thinking about it for a while, but there's currently no means of saying "show 10 seconds of footage starting at this point in time".
- I guess as a start, promotional videos could be uploaded (in full) to Retro CDN - at least then the content is accessible to us. We'll figure something out after then. -Black Squirrel (talk) 11:52, 16 February 2019 (EST)