Johnny Lightfoot (Sonic the Comic)
From Sonic Retro
"Johnny was dull"
My google-fu is failing me, did Nigel really say that "Johnny was dull"? I'm only able to find it on other wikis (which aren't cited either). I'm not very familiar with the editorials in STC either, so if he said it there I have no clue. --Pilgrimm (talk) 03:07, 23 October 2018 (CDT)
Animal friends page titles / content
There are essentially three different subjects when it comes to Sonic's rabbit friend:
- Pocky, the species
- Johnny Lightfoot, Sonic's rabbit friend in the '90s Sega of America fiction and its derivatives (Martin Adams books, etc.)
- Johnny Lightfoot, STC's very distinct adaptation of that character
I think this page should be renamed "Johnny Lightfoot (Sonic the Comic)" and "Johnny Lightfoot" should redirect to "Pocky". It might seem like splitting hairs, but since the name and character of "Johnny Lightfoot" predates STC, I think it would make more sense that way. Ditto for Porker Lewis. This would be consistent with how Tux, Joe Sushi and Chirps redirect to Pecky, Rocky and Cucky.
Sally Acorn is a bit messier. For consistency, I think Sally Acorn should redirect to Ricky. But what should the DIC/Archie Sally page be named? The Complete Sonic Comics Encyclopedia calls her "Princess Sally Acorn" in the Freedom Fighters profile, whereas her individual profile simply uses the "Princess Sally" logo from her mini-series as its heading. To further muddy the waters, although the Archie version was known as "Princess Sally Acorn" since #0, and the early DIC Bible also uses that name, apparently her surname is never uttered once in the actual show. --Pecky (talk) 18:21, 14 October 2019 (EDT)
- Yeah that's fair.
- I think "Princess Sally Acorn" is the most appropriate but it wouldn't surprise me if SatAM never bothered to mention the "Acorn" bit. There's a lot of assumptions and slight inaccuracies on this wiki.
- It would be also good to know if some of these names were retconned in later issues of the comic. There was a reboot in issue #247(?) and I don't know how much was dropped. -Black Squirrel (talk) 12:37, 15 October 2019 (EDT)
- A handful of names were changed for the reboot. Since Archie either lost or never had work for hire contracts for its freelancers circa 1993-2006, everything established during that period (unless it came from Sega/DIC) was off-limits. So Sally's father went from "Maximillian Acorn" to "Nigel Acorn", since it was a former Archie writer who came up with his name. I'd need to investigate further for a full list. --Pecky (talk) 16:27, 15 October 2019 (EDT)