Is there a reliable reference to support the statement that Knuckles wasn't meant to be in Flying Battery Zone? --BSonirachi (talk) 12:22, 9 August 2019 (EDT)
- I think someone's implied that from the level being designed for Sonic 3... but I'm not convinced myself.
- We might unearth a prototype one day with no signs of Knuckles-specific routes, but the final Sonic 3 clearly hints that Knuckles might be playable one day (and he's in competition mode)
- Whether he was always meant to go up against Eggrobo instead of Eggman, that's a different story. But not one we know about. -Black Squirrel (talk) 14:15, 9 August 2019 (EDT)
- I think the "Knuckles wasn't originally intended in Flying Battery" speculation was based upon the fact that Flying Battery Zone is the only zone in S3&K (aside from Death Egg and Doomsday) without Knuckles-exclusive areas. Although there are some areas Sonic can't reach, but both Tails and Knuckles can.
- It's an interesting theory, but it certainly shouldn't be presented as fact. I think the best approach would be to delete the statement here, and mention the lack of Knuckles-exclusive areas on the Flying Battery Zone page (without the speculation as to why).
- As for EggRobo/Eggman, I think it's very safe to assume it was an oversight. He's EggRobo in phase one of the boss section, then suddenly Eggman in the Hang Mobile. I think this kind of speculation is fine (and the use of the word "likely" lets the reader know that it's an educated guess). --Pecky (talk) 09:20, 10 August 2019 (EDT)