From Sonic Retro
The Sunglasses is an upgrade available to Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic Adventure 2. It allows him to see otherwise invisible items hidden throughout the levels. These items can include rings, item capsules, or even springs.
- Purpose: Allows Knuckles to see invisible objects, whether it be springs or item jars. It has to be a selected command on the small menu in the right hand corner of the screen.
- Location: Meteor Herd. Go the opposite side of the big structure in the middle. Across from it is a platform with a meteor. Punch the meteor towards the structure, and a door will open. Break the iron box inside and flip the switch, and the floor of the structure will open up, the sunglasses will be inside.
- Requirements: Hammer gloves and the Shovel Claw is needed to get to this point in the story. Note that unless you have the Hammer Gloves (above) already, you won't be able to do anything except restart after collecting this item.
- Required For: Nothing. It's intended to be used to open up a path to one or more pieces in the final missions of Wild Canyon, Pumpkin Hill, Aquatic Mine, and Meteor Herd, but an alternative solution exists in every case.
- Equivalent: Rouge's Treasure Scope.