Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure (preview)
From Sonic Retro
|This short article is in need of work. You can help Sonic Retro by.|
| This article is currently undergoing a cleanup.|
Its contents may change completely and frequently until this notice is removed.
|Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure (preview)|
| Publisher: SNK|
| Developer: SNK|
Sonic Team (co-developer)
|System(s): Neo Geo Pocket Color|
|ROM size: 2.09MB|
The Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure preview is a prototype of Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure that was sent to the press to generate publicity. It was found and released by drx on January of 2017. It's dated October 22, 1999, 1 month and 8 days before the final release. This preview has a lot of differences from the final game. The label says ロックマン (Rockman) suggesting there was some kind of Mega Man game on this cartridge.
- Debug menu: Enabled by default. Just press Option in the Sega logo.
- Sonic has the beta Special Stage clear pose, seen in various prerelease screenshots.
- Some sprites are different.
- The title screen has Sonic's and the sky's palette swapped.
- There's a bug where wrong palettes are loaded.
- The Special Stage results screen is missing the gradients, and has shaded yellow instead of blue.
|Download Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure (preview)
File: PocketAdventure-Preview.7z (451 kB) (info)
|Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure|