Sonic Spinball prototype 0329 for the Game Gear was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release.
- The Sega screen has the extra text '94.03.21. Also there is no rolling Sonic in the intro. The logo has a wave effect and has no flashing palette.
- Title Screen has no Copyright.
- No flashing on the title card text.
- Levels can be skipped by pressing Down or 1 while the game is paused. You can also press 2 to move Sonic anywhere.
- When you run out of lives you get a Continue screen, but there is no Yes or no option. There is now a timer.
- The Bonus Stages are incomplete. Spin Dashing is broken because you cannot go up the walls, collecting a clock item freezes and glitches the timer, and enemies are indestructible. You can also go through the exits to other rooms by jumping at the entrance to them.
Sonic Retro discussion thread