Sonic Mega Collection
From Sonic Retro
(Redirected from Sonic Mega Collection EU Manual)
- For the updated PS2, Xbox and PC version, see Sonic Mega Collection Plus.
|Sonic Mega Collection|
|Developer: Sonic Team, VR-1 Japan|
|Publisher(s) of original games: Sega|
| Developer(s) of original games: Sonic Team,|
Sega Technical Institute, Compile, Traveller's Tales, Sega CS
|Game total: 14 (Japan), 12 (international)|
|System(s): Nintendo GameCube|
|Original system(s): Sega Mega Drive|
Sonic Mega Collection (ソニック メガコレクション) is a compilation of all Sonic the Hedgehog games for the Sega Mega Drive, released for the Nintendo GameCube. The games are reproduced by a Mega Drive emulator developed under the supervision of Sonic Team themselves. The collection also features high resolution instruction manual and comic book scans. An updated version, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, was released for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox in 2004, and Windows PCs in 2007.
The two games released for hardware add-ons to the Mega Drive—Sonic the Hedgehog CD for the Mega CD, and Chaotix for the 32X—were not included in either the original or Plus version, due to emulation issues (and not size constraints as some believe). The former would later be successfully implemented in Sonic Gems Collection, though the latter remains officially available on its original hardware only.
The compliation also contains the first official name to the secret unlockable game accessed by combining Sonic & Knuckles with Sonic the Hedgehog 1 using lock-on: It was listed as Blue Sphere. This game marks the first appearance of Cream the Rabbit, artwork of whom can be found in the extras section.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (3 revisions)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3
- Sonic & Knuckles
- Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island
- Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
- Blue Sphere — Play Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island 20 times each, or have a Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II save file on the memory card in Slot A.
- Knuckles in Sonic 2 — Play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic Spinball 20 times each.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles — Play Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles 20 times each.
- Flicky — Play Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine 30 times, or have a Sonic Adventure 2: Battle save file on the memory card in Slot A.
- Ristar — Play Blue Sphere, Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Flicky 30 times each.
- Comix Zone (Japanese version only) — Press and in the Manuals menu.
- The Ooze (Japanese version only) — Press in the Options menu.
NOTE: The following sales data comprises of sales of Sonic Mega Collection Plus in addition to sales of Sonic Mega Collection.
|Number of copies sold||(Sega) IR Reference||Platforms||Regions||Cumulative sales total|
|1,380,000||The Magic Box - US Platinum Videogame Chart||GC||US||1,380,000|
|2,190,000||FY2005 Full Year and Annual Reports||PS2/XB||US||3,570,000|
|190,000||FY2006 1st Quarter Results||"||N/A||3,760,000|
|240,000||FY2007 Interim Results||PS2/XB/GC||US||4,000,000|
|170,000||FY2007 3rd Quarter Results||"||"||4,170,000|
|160,000||FY2007 Full Year Results||"||"||4,330,000|
|70,000||FY2008 1st Quarter Results||"||"||4,400,000|
|68,300||FY2008 Interim and 3rd Quarter Results||"||"||4,468,300|
|1,440,000||The Magic Box - US Platinum Videogame Chart (as of 2007)||PS2||US||"|
Compiled Under The Supervision of SONICTEAM, LTD.
Producer: Yuji Naka
Director: Yojiro Ogawa
Illustration: Yuji Uekawa
Graphic Design: Takeshi Ichimura
Special Thanks: Takashi Iizuka, Kosei Kitamura, Yasuko Maruyama, Masae Hirosawa
IN COOPERATION WITH VR1 JAPAN, Inc.
Director: Hisatoku Yamada
Programmer: Hideyuki Akiyama
Technical Programmer: Junji Takahashi
Graphic Design: Kyoko Urushibata, Makoto Tanaka
Special Thanks: Minoru Yoshida, Hiroshi Adachi
Sales Promotion: Naoko Ooka, Yasushi Nagumo, Mariko Takeda
Product Producer: Seijiro Sannabe, Yasushi Yamashita, Hideki Yokaichiya
International Business & Product Development: Hitoshi Okuno, Yusuke Suai
Design Production Team: Yoshihiro Sakuta, Hisakazu Nakagawa, Youichi Takahashi, Satoru Ishigami, Masaru Kobayashi, Tetsuya Honda, Colin Restall
Product Test: Junichi Shimizu, Akira Nishikawa, Kazuhiko Morii, Akira Terasawa, Kenji Takano, Sunao Murayama
Special Thanks: Yoshiki Ooka, Takashi Shoji, Ikuo Ishizaka, Yoshiharu Honda, Yutaka Shoji, Shoko Goto, Akemi Ito, Shunsuke Nishida
SEGA OF AMERICA, Inc.
President & COO: Peter Moore
Executive Vice President: Chris Gilbert, Shinobu Toyoda
Localization Producer: Yosuke Moriya
Localization Manager: Osamu Shibamiya
VP of Product Development: Jin Shimazaki
Project Test Lead: Shawn Dobbins
Senior Product Manager: Rob Alvarez
Associate Product Manager: Cord Smith
VP of Entertainment Marketing: Mike Fischer
Creative Services: Robert Schonfisch, Erica Forte, Vicki Morawietz
Public Relations: Kirsten Merit, Bryce Baer
Special Thanks: James Harris, Scott Lambrecht, Barry Chu
SEGA EUROPE, LTD.
Sega Europe COO: Naoya Tsurumi
Director of PD: Kats Sato
Localization Producer: Kuniyo Matsumoto
Technical Producer: Elliott Martine
European Product Manager: Matt Quaeck
Localization Team: Eva Backmann, Brigitte Nadesan, Giuseppe Rizzo, Marta Lois Gonzalez
SOE Test Department: Darius Sadeghian, David Smith, Chris Geiles, Roy Boateng, Paul Joseph, Marcus Joseph
Comics Provided by Archie Comic.
|Main article: Sonic Mega Collection manuals|
- Sega of Japan catalogue pages (Japanese): GameCube (archive)
- Nintendo catalogue pages: JP, US (archive), UK
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepage/gamepage_main.jsp?gameId=1378 (archived: 2003-02-19 22:57)
- sega:Press release: 2002-11-04: SEGA Delivers Great Games for All Ages and All Consoles This Holiday Season
- http://sega.jp/gc/sonicmc/ (archived: 2004-08-21 12:25)
- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Collection-Gamecube-Players-Choice/dp/B0002WPQ28 (archived: 2016-04-19 20:30)
- http://www.amazon.fr:80/Sonic-Mega-Collection-Players-Choice/dp/B000620PT8 (archived: 2012-12-29 18:28)
|Sonic Mega Collection|
|Sonic games for the following systems|
|2001 Sonic Adventure 2: Battle 2002 Sonic Mega Collection 2003 Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut | Sonic Heroes 2005 Sonic Gems Collection | Shadow the Hedgehog | Duo Pack: Sonic Heroes/Super Monkey Ball 2 2006 Sonic Riders|