Sonic Mega Collection (prototype)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic Mega Collection (prototype)|
|Developer: Sonic Team|
|System(s): Nintendo GameCube|
This prototype of Sonic Mega Collection for Nintendo GameCube was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release. The build date for this prototype is 2001/12/17, almost a year before the retail release. All the games compiled in this game collection are finalized and all the games that appear in the final are in this version also. However, some things are changed in the menus in terms of graphics and listings.
- The title screen is different than that in the final release.
- Sonic the Hedgehog CD is on the list of available games, and is unlocked from startup. However, when selecting it you are redirected back to the original Sonic the Hedgehog. No ISO for this game has been found on the disc.
- Two listings Sonic the Movie 1 and Sonic the Movie 2 are listed. These slots were meant for the two parts of Sonic the Movie. The original OVA in japan was a 2 part anime, This was most likely going to be separated like the original Japanese version. There are no files found in the ISO pertaining to an OVA however.
- Inside the disc image contains CVS information. However, this CVS is for another game called Choro Q. Most of the files on the disc are for this game.
- An uncompressed Sonic the Hedgehog 3 rom (sonic3.bin) can be found in the root of the disc.
- There's is a directory called "test002", which seems to be used for testing models to convert across other formats. There is a .max file, a .bat file, as well as many other files.