The Unleashed Project
is a mod for the PC version of Sonic Generations
that ports over the daytime stages from the PlayStation 3
version of Sonic Unleashed
. In addition to tweaked and revised level layouts and simplified stage progression, it includes a unique hub world, higher resolution textures for level artwork, and an optional improved rendering engine left over from Sonic Generations' development.
This mod contains a fully realized Unleashed version of Sonic Generations' White Space, ordered as follows:
Each stage has its own lively setpiece (such as Unleashed's NPCs hanging around), and unlike Generations, everything's connected and colored in; there is no "White Space". The music here was produced by member Falk, known for his work on several other fan projects.
There are a few new additions to the hub to spice things up.
- The Ice Cream Vendor from Apotos replaces the Skill Shop
- A few billboards:
- "Welcome to the... UNLEASHED PROJECT Version 1.0".
- A "Real Estate Times" sign, some newspaper clippings, and a MISSING poster featuring Wentos the Travling Salesman from Sonic Unleashed. Underneath his photo there's a message reading "If you see him, notify us at [email protected] Only your photos will help us find him!"
- What Hardware Requirements are necessary to play the stages:
- MINIMUM: Cool Edge and Savannah Citadel
- LOW: Dragon Road and Windmill Isle
- MEDIUM: Arid Sands, Rooftop Run, and Empire City
- HIGH: Jungle Joyride