Sonic Classic Collection/Development
From Sonic Retro
- Back to: Sonic Classic Collection.
The following extra features were confirmed by the British Board of Film Classifiers, but never appeared in the final build of the game. It is unknown why these were removed:
- Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (VIDEO)
- The History of Sonic (VIDEO)
- Gameplay Footage
|“||SEGA Australia had the good fortune (WOOO!) of acquiring the Sonic Classic Collection port to Nintendo DS.
I created all the UI artwork for the port. This included recreating all the game logos as Sega no longer had the original editable logos. It also involved designing and creating the in-game assets for all the front end menus and ingame menus that weren’t part of the original game play and creating sprite sheets for the EFIGS language conversions.
— Brooke Luder's portfolio
Most notably, this shows that Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island, Sonic Spinball and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine were meant to be included, artwork from more recent titles was used as part of the updated logos, a different screen is used for saving, and a "Video" option is included in the main menu, confirming what was previously stated by the BBFC.
- http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/e8ea0df3a881175480256d58003cb570/e071fc27bafa43468025766b0043334a?OpenDocument (Wayback Machine: 2010-08-28 02:26)
- http://www.brookeluder.com/portfolio-items/sonic-classic-collection/ (Wayback Machine: 2021-01-26 16:47)
|Sonic Classic Collection|