| Sonic Blast (GG Prototype 821)
| Prerelease of: Sonic Blast
| System: Sega Game Gear
| Build date: August 22, 1996
| ROM size: 1 MB
| Source: CD-R disc
| Found by: drx
Sonic Blast Beta 821 for the Game Gear was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release.
- Game instantly goes into level select is available from the beginning, anything past Blue marine 2 crashes the game instantly.
- There is no title screen.
- The character select screen is sprite based just like in the final version.
- Level intro and end title cards are introduced.
- A Debug Mode is activated. Holding 2 will freeze character and allow the player to move him freely with the D-Pad.
- Rings are not lost when hit, although they still fly out.
Sonic Retro discussion thread