Sonic Blast (Game Gear prototype 74)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic Blast (Game Gear prototype 74)|
|Developer: Aspect Co. Ltd|
|System(s): Sega Game Gear|
|ROM size: 1 MB|
|Download Sonic Blast (Game Gear prototype 74)
File: Sonic_Blast_(Prototype_74_-_Jul_17,_1996,_09.11).rar (244 kB) (info)
| This article needs cleanup.|
This article needs to be edited to conform to a higher standard of article quality. Specifically, issues with this article are:
This section needs moving to the comparisons page(s)
After the article has been cleaned up, you may remove this message. See How to Edit a Page for help.
- Game instantly goes into level select from the beginning, but anything past Red Volcanic Zone act 3 crashes the game instantly.
- There is no title screen, instead the game goes to the level select when you start the game.
- The character select screen is text based and doesn't have character sprites.
- There are still no level intro and end title cards.
- A Debug Mode is active. Holding 2 will freeze character and allow the player to move him freely with the D-Pad.
- Rings are not lost when hit, although they still fly out.
- Red Volcano Zone is named Red Volcanic Zone.
- After defeating the Volcanic Stage boss, one can use the debug to return to the original location of the boss to view what appears to be a bell like outline. This could possibly be a mistake made by SEGA during the development process.
- In every act 2, underneath the level is a area with garbage data everywhere.
External LinksSonic Retro discussion thread