Sonic Blast (Game Gear prototype 611)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic Blast (Game Gear prototype 611)|
|Developer: Aspect Co. Ltd|
|System(s): Sega Game Gear|
|ROM size: 512kB|
|Download Sonic Blast (Game Gear prototype 611)
File: Sonic_Blast_(Prototype_611_-_May_31,_1996,_13.49).rar (115 kB) (info)
- The header for this prototype reads "GG SONIC 96 Ver E3 ROM1996/05/01 @SEGA/Aspect Co.,L", indicating that this was a demo compiled for E3.
- After the Sega screen, the game starts off instantly with no character select and no title screen.
- Sonic is the only playable character.
- There are no level intro and end title cards.
- The ROM is half the size of the following ones, perhaps because Knuckles was not yet implemented.
- Rings are not lost when hit, although they still fly out.
- It is not possible to proceed after defeating the first boss. Sonic remains taunting in a continuous loop after the boss is defeated.
- Red Volcano Zone is named Red Volcanic Zone.
External LinksSonic Retro discussion thread