Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (cartridge prototype)
From Sonic Retro
(Redirected from Sonic 3D Beta)
|Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (cartridge prototype)|
|Developer: Traveller's Tales|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|ROM size: 4 MB|
The Sonic 3D Beta is a prototype Sega Mega Drive ROM purchased for $700 by the Sonic community and dumped by drx in October 2006. It claims to be a 70 percent complete version of Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island, though it's estimated to be closer to 95 percent. This proto is very similar to the 819 version, only with some weird values added before the country code.
|Download Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (cartridge prototype)
File: Sonic_3D_Blast_(Beta).rar (1.61 MB) (info)
- Different "SEGA" sound at the beginning
- The title screen refers to the E3 demo cartridge, even though it isn't the actual E3 demo.
- Ending sequences/Chaos Emerald collection screens are missing and have a filler screen instead.
- Pausing the game then pressing A proceeds to the next level, in the same way the level select does in the final.
- Collecting 100 rings gives you an 1-UP only if you get exactly 100. Using a 10-rings box to go beyond 100 won't work.
- Various changes in level design and layout.
- Various pieces of music are used in in both acts: Rusty Ruin uses Act 1 music, Volcano Valley uses Gene Gadget Act 2 music, Gene Gadget uses Act 1 music, Panic Puppet uses Act 2 music and bosses use the final level music.
- Two pieces of lost music have been found, one of them was used as a boss track in Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I.
- Other loading screen / title card fonts
External LinksThe Sonic 3D Beta topic, updated with in-game shots
|Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island|