Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 814)
From Sonic Retro
(Redirected from Sonic 3D (beta 814))
|Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 814)|
|Developer: Traveller's Tales|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|ROM size: 4 MB|
Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island Beta 814 for the Sega Genesis was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release. This is the same as the E3 prototype released by drx much earlier only with some weird values added before the country code.
|Download Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 814)
File: Sonic_3D_Blast_(Prototype_814_-_Aug_15,_1996,_07.55).rar (1.46 MB) (info)
|Main article: Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 814)/Comparisons|
- Near the end of this proto is the begining of another game. This text was found in its header "NOSEGAY is a word (C)T-SN 1993.MARPSY-Q". All headers are required to contain the word "Sega". Thus it would be No Sega Y.
- The Sega logo has the old "Sega" sound. It also shatters at the end (like when you get a Game Over) instead of the letters zooming off the screen.
- No intro movie is played (before starting the game, and after).
- Title screen is similar to the E3 demo released by drx earlier. This is the first time the words "Press Start" appear on the title. Although the text is much larger, and appears on the bottom of the screen instead of the middle.
- This is the first Beta to feature Title cards at the beginning of the level.
- The text "Pause" will appear when the game is paused. It would not on the previous beta.
- Pressing + while playing will skip to the next level.
- The "Level Complete" screen is very basic, and there is no final score tally.
- This is the first beta that has dust when doing the Spin Dash.
- The game terminates after Panic Puppet Zone, with a screen saying "To Be Continued...". Pressing a button or waiting for the music to stop brings you back to the Sega screen.
External LinksSonic Retro discussion thread
|Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island|