Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 73)
From Sonic Retro
(Redirected from Sonic 3D (beta 73))
|Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 73)|
|Developer: Traveller's Tales|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|ROM size: 2 MB|
|Download Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (beta 73)
File: Sonic_3D_Blast_(Prototype_73_-_Jul_03,_1996,_13.58).rar (857 kB) (info)
- The Sega logo has the old "Sega" sound. It also shatters at the end (like when you get a Game Over) instead of the letters zooming off the screen.
- No intro movie is played (Before starting a game, and after starting the game.)
- Title screen is similar to the E3 demo released by drx earlier and the Sega Saturn version. No "Press Start" text flashes on the screen.
- No level select is available.
- There are no Level Title cards.
- Pressing + while playing will skip to the next level.
- When pausing the game no "Pause" text will appear.
- The Level complete screen is very basic and there is no final score tally.
- No dust appears while doing the Spin Dash.
- There is a green shield. However, it uses the gold shield's monitor. Meaning it was mistakingly referred to as the prototype golden shield despite it appearing in act 1 under the waterfall.
- There is a blue shield close to the cannon, where in the final, it's a gold shield.
- There is also a spiked ball near the first giant ring, which also isn't in the final.
- Blue flickies run in circles, purple flickies mix the worse of the final green and red ones (move randomly and jump).
- Near the cannon, in this proto, there is a shield on a hill. In the final, it's in a slight dip.
- In the earliest proto, the ring disappears when flickies are put into it. Unless all five flickies are put in it at once you will be stuck.
- All levels on the game use the Green Grove Act 1 theme.
- All the bosses on the game use The Final Fight theme.
- The "Floor tiles" are a brighter red on Green Grove zone.
- There are no rings in Green Grove 3 although ten rings are already given at the beginning of the act. FFz music is played. Also, next level is Gene Gadget 1.
- Knuckles and Tails do not appear in Green Grove Zone.
- In Green Grove zone 1 & 2, the Knuckles specific areas are not in this proto.
- The second zone is Gene Gadget. This level has no boss.
- The third zone is Rusty Ruin, and the acts are flipped (Act 2 in the final is Act 1 in this prototype, and Act 1 in the final is Act 2 in this prototype). This zone has a boss.
- Ballerina spinning thing doesn't make you invulnerable against enemies in Rusty Ruins.
- There are slight changes to the level layout.
- After beating the Rusty Ruin boss, you go to a screen with the text "To be continued". Then when the music is finished you go back to the Sega intro.
External LinksSonic Retro discussion thread
|Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island|