Sonic Forces/File Index
From Sonic Retro
| Sonic Community Hacking Guide|
A detailed list of every file/folder used by the game relevant to modding.
The files/directories listed below are located in the game's install directory (generally C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SonicForces).
- _CommonRedist - Installers for DirectX and Visual C++ 2013. Used by Steam when installing the game.
- build\main\projects\exec - Game executable and Dynamic-Link-Libraries (DLLs).
- image\x64\disk - Packed CPK archives which contain most of the game's data, including DLC downloaded from Steam.
- savedata - Player save data, as well as graphics configuration settings.
As noted above, the game's CPK (Criware PacKages) are located within the "image\x64\disk" folder. These packages contain all of the assets (models, materials, textures, etc.) used by the game, therefore it is extremely important for modders to be familiar with them/their contents.
The following CPKs come with the base game:
- wars_0 - Contains large "general" assets (such as character and UI assets) and several levels.
- wars_1 - Contains even more levels.
- wars_patch - Contains small "general" assets, such as shaders, object layout data for all stages, and text.
In addition there are also several optional CPKs that can be downloaded upon purchasing the game's DLC. These include the following:
- wars_dlc01 - Episode Shadow DLC.
- wars_dlc02 - Super Sonic DLC.
- wars_dlc03 - SEGA Pack DLC.
- wars_dlc04 - Sanic T-Shirts DLC.
- wars_dlc05 - Shadow Costume DLC.
Refer to the pages linked above (and on the sidebar) for a list of every file/folder contained within these CPKs.