From Sonic Retro
|Category: Graphics editor|
|System: Microsoft Windows|
GetArt is a program that converts a bitmap image and a palette bitmap into uncompressed art, palette and plane mappings data for use on the Sega Mega Drive.
Save the image you want to use as a 24 bit per pixel RGB bitmap named Bitmap.bmp in the GetArt folder, and a 128x8 24bpp bitmap of the palette for the image using 8x8 squares as Palette.bmp. Then run GetArt.exe.
The program will generate several files:
- Pad.bmp - a copy of Bitmap.bmp padded out to the next multiple of 8 in width and height.
- Map.bin - uncompressed plane mappings that can be loaded into the Mega Drive's VRAM.
- Art.bin - uncompressed 8x8 tiles to be used with the mappings.
- Palette.bin - a single palette line (16 colors) for use with the art and mappings.
- Info.txt - a text file indicating the width and height of the mappings in tiles.
File: GetArt.rar (10 kB) (info)