Cheat Codes:Sonic Mania
From Sonic Retro
These are cheat codes for Sonic Mania which can be accessed by inputting button sequences or by various other methods.
To unlock the following in this list, you must complete the Bonus Stages to earn medals. Only silver medals are necessary to unlock everything listed here.
- Super Peel-Out: Collect 1 medal. You can replace Sonic's Drop Dash with the Super Peel-Out from Sonic CD.
- Insta-Shield: Collect 6 medals. You can replace Sonic's Drop Dash with the Insta-Shield from Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
- & Knuckles Mode: Collect 11 medals. This allows you to have Knuckles follow you around as a partner, even if you are Knuckles.
- Debug Mode: Collect 16 medals. You can enable Debug Mode during gameplay.
- During gameplay, press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / Q (PC) to enter/exit object placement mode.
- Use the Left Stick, D-Pad or Arrow Keys to move around in object placement mode.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / A (PC) to cycle forward through the available objects.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / W (PC) while holding the above button to cycle backward through the available objects.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / S (PC) when selecting an item monitor to change its contents.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / W (PC) to place the currently selected object.
- Camera coordinates are designated by the top line of hex digits in the top-right corner.
- Player coordinates are designated by the bottom line of hex digits in the top-right corner.
- Mean Bean: Collect 21 medals. You can then play a game of Puyo Puyo against the computer or another player.
- D.A. Garden: Collect 26 medals. You can then listen to the in-game music.
- Blue Spheres: Collect all 32 medals. This will allow you to play a randomly-generated Blue Spheres stage in either the "Original" style or the "Mania" style.
Note that to access the first four unlockables, you must highlight a "No Save" game on the Save Select screen, then press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / W (PC). The last three unlockables are accessed in the Extras menu.
To access the level select, go to the Save Select menu and highlight "No Save", activate Debug Mode (see Unlockables above), then select "No Save" and press and hold (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / Q (PC) before the screen goes black. In v1.0 of the Nintendo Switch version, you can also access the level select from the title screen by holding before "Press Any Button" appears, then pressing any other button after it appears.
To use the level select:
- Use the D-pad (Consoles) / Arrow Keys (PC) to select a level.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / Q (PC) to select your character.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / W (PC) when Sonic is your character to have Tails follow him.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / A (PC) to play the selected level/sound test entry.
- Dunkey Easter Egg: In Hydrocity Zone, grab one of the hooks, then press: . You will hear a ring chime. Find one of the boosters and activate it. Instead of the normal sound, it will play a @vgdunkey-related sound effect.
- This button combination was previously used in Sonic & Knuckles.
- This easter egg has been removed as of version RC 1.03.0919 (released 2017/09/25) on PC, and v1.03 on PS4 and XB1. Interestingly, this has NOT been removed from the Switch version.