Cheat Codes:Sonic Mania
From Sonic Retro
These are cheat codes for Sonic Mania which can be accessed by inputting button sequences or by various other methods.
To unlock the following in this list, you must complete the Bonus Stages to earn medals. Only silver medals are necessary to unlock everything listed here.
- Super Peel-Out: Collect 1 medal. You can replace Sonic's Drop Dash with the Super Peel-Out from Sonic CD.
- Insta-Shield: Collect 6 medals. You can replace Sonic's Drop Dash with the Insta-Shield from Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
- & Knuckles Mode: Collect 11 medals. This allows you to have Knuckles follow you around as a partner, even if you are Knuckles.
- Debug Mode: Collect 16 medals. You can enable Debug Mode during gameplay.
- During gameplay, press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / Q (PC) to enter/exit object placement mode.
- Use the Left Stick, D-Pad or Arrow Keys to move around in object placement mode.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / A (PC) to cycle forward through the available objects.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / W (PC) while holding the above button to cycle backward through the available objects.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / S (PC) when selecting an item monitor to change its contents.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / W (PC) to place the currently selected object.
- Camera coordinates are designated by the top line of hex digits in the top-right corner.
- Player coordinates are designated by the bottom line of hex digits in the top-right corner.
- Mean Bean: Collect 21 medals. You can then play a game of Puyo Puyo against the computer or another player.
- D.A. Garden: Collect 26 medals. You can then listen to the in-game music.
- Blue Spheres: Collect all 32 medals. This will allow you to play a randomly-generated Blue Spheres stage in either the "Original" style or the "Mania" style.
Note that to access the first four unlockables, you must highlight a "No Save" game on the Save Select screen, then press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / W (PC)( As of version 1.04, on the PC, you don't need to highlight a no save game and there's an option to choose if you want a time limit or not ). The last three unlockables are accessed in the Extras menu.
To access the level select, go to the Save Select menu and highlight "No Save", activate Debug Mode (see Unlockables above), then select "No Save" and press and hold (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / Q (PC) before the screen goes black. In v1.0 of the Nintendo Switch version, you can also access the level select from the title screen by holding before "Press Any Button" appears, then pressing any other button after it appears.
To use the level select:
- Use the D-pad (Consoles) / Arrow Keys (PC) to select a level.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / Q (PC) to select your character.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / W (PC) when Sonic is your character to have Tails follow him.
- Press (PS4) / (Switch) / (XB1) / A (PC) to play the selected level/sound test entry.
Note that even as of version 1.04 you still need to highlight a "No Save" game for it to work.
v1.04/Sonic Mania Plus
As of the v1.04/Sonic Mania Plus update, new cheat codes have been added which can be entered in the sound test on the level select screen, discovered by CodenameGamma:
- All Chaos Emeralds: Play sounds 04, 01, 02, 06 (referencing the same code found in Sonic 2). This gives you all of the Chaos Emeralds, enabling Super transformation.
- 14 Continues: Play sounds 01, 09, 09, 02, 01, 01, 02, 04 (the Debug Mode code in Sonic 2, also the date the game released in North America).
- Encore Mode: Play sounds 02, 00, 01, 08, 00, 06, 02, 03 (a reference to Sonic's 27th birthday; a video to celebrate him was uploaded on that same day). This sets the game to Encore Mode, allowing you to play Encore Mode stages (except Angel Island Zone) and use Debug Mode in Encore Mode. If you try to enter Egg Reverie Zone after activating this code, it will send you to the first special stage in Mania Mode instead.
- Fly anywhere as The Charcters' Super Form: Play sounds 02, 00, 01, 07, 00, 08, 01, 05 (referencing the release date of Sonic Mania). This allows every charcter in their super form to fly in any zone like Super Sonic normally would in Egg Reverie Zone.
- Max Control: Play sounds 09, 00, 00, 01. This gives Sonic access to the Insta-Shield, Drop Dash and Super Peel-Out at the same time. If you enabled both Encore Mode and Max control then when Sonic is following you, he can use the Super Peel-Out even when he is not playable. A;sp, if Sonic is swapped by another character, They will be able to use the Super Peel Out.
- Disable Super Music: Play sounds 06, 02, 01, 04 (All Chaos Emeralds code backwards).
- Ricky Mania: Play sounds 01, 09, 07, 09, 00, 08, 01, 01 (referencing Stealth's birthday). All animals will be replaced with Ricky.
- 32 Gold Medallions: First, while on the title screen, input the Sonic the Hedgehog 3 level select code ( ) in the time between sonic appearing and the press start option appears. After that, go into level select and put in the Ricky Mania code. Once you have done that, you can now play sounds 01, 09, 08, 09, 00, 05, 00, 01 (Reference to Hunter Bridges' birthday) and get allv32 Gold Medallions. This cheat actually saves your medallions so if you don't like Blue Spheres much and want all the extras, then feel free to to do it!
- Select Special Stage: In the sound test, pick a track from 00-0D and then pick special stage 1. It will be a different special stage based on the track you picked(From Mania Mode's 1st special stage to Encore Mode's last special stage).
- Select Blue Sphere: Pick a track from 00-1F and then press special stage 2. This is similar to the selecting special stage cheat.
- Dunkey Easter Egg: In Hydrocity Zone, grab one of the hooks, then press: . You will hear a ring chime. Find one of the boosters and activate it. Instead of the normal sound, it will play a @vgdunkey-related sound effect.
- This button combination was previously used in Sonic & Knuckles.
- This easter egg has been removed as of version RC 1.03.0919 (released 2017/09/25) on PC, and v1.03 on PS4 and XB1. Interestingly, this has NOT been removed from the Switch version until v1.04.
- A mode called "Vape Mode" (short for Vaporwave Mode) was found in the code of the game and CAN be accessed in the level select, but the code to unlock it is unknown.