From Sonic Retro
(Redirected from Castle Camelot)
|Sonic and the Black Knight
|Second level, Sonic and the Black Knight
|Location: Grand Kingdom
|Level theme: urban
| Non-English names:
|← Misty Lake | Deep Woods →
Camelot Castle is the second stage of Sonic and the Black Knight for the Wii. A giant fortress-city, the castle hosts a thriving town of long-eared Arthurian folk (and their Blacksmith) living in and around the massive fortifications. Giant siege crossbows line the battlements, along with statues of ancient kings and feudal nobility. Sonic also briefly explores the storm drains and waterways beneath the castle - routes that become rather more significant later, in Knight's Passage.
After being cast aside by King Arthur during their battle at Misty Lake, Sonic and Caliburn journey to Castle Camelot in order to find a smithy where Caliburn can be sharpened. Merlina declines to join them, claiming that (as she is the Royal Wizard) she would attract unwanted attention from the folk of the castle town.
When Sonic and Caliburn arrive, the settlement is being attacked by the Knights of the Underworld. Cutting a path through the nightmare forces, the hedgehog eventually makes his way to the Blacksmith's shop - to be greeted by the Arthurian world's doppelganger of his best friend, Tails. The Blacksmith happily agrees to repair Caliburn's blade; after which Sonic proceeds on his quest to consult Nimue in Deep Woods.
After Deep Woods, Sonic is sent back to Castle Camelot by Nimue, to free the Arthurian folk being held prisoner in King Arthur's jails. Later, after the battle on Faraway Avalon, the Knights of the Round Table corner Merlina within the castle, before she reveals herself as the Dark Queen.
If we take Sonic and the Black Knight''s Blacksmith Menu to be at least semi-canonical, it seems probable that Sir Lancelot, Sir Percival, Sir Gawain, and Sonic revisit Camelot Castle (and, specificly, Blacksmith's shop) multiple times over the course of the adventure, for weapons forging and so forth. In fact, it may be that all the Knights of the Round Table (including Sir Galahad and Sir Lamorak) actually live in Camelot Castle when they're not off adventuring.
- Special Challenge: Reach the blacksmith's shop - 250 followers
- Special Challenge: Rescue the townspoeple - 200 followers
- Rush Hour: Reach the goal without running into anyone - 100 followers
- Ring-Giver: Give the townspeople 80 rings - 350 followers
- Special Challenge: Finish using soul surge in the air - 200 followers
- Special Challenge: Finish using soul surge on the ground - 200 followers
- Go for the Goal: Reach the goal - 600 followers
Items which can be acquired in the Camelot Castle missions include:
- Rusty Helmet, Rusty Spear, Rusty Dagger, Cursed Longsword, Cursed Rapier, Cursed Spear, Bronze Spear, Steel Helmet, Steel Longsword, Bishop, Rabbit's Tail, Lollipop
|Sonic and the Black Knight