| Fast Facts on Blue Sphere Plus
Last Release: May 16, 2011
System: Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
Original Game: Sonic & Knuckles
Blue Sphere Plus is a Sonic & Knuckles hack created by MainMemory. It is based on the Blue Sphere Standalone ROM, with new features.
- Pressing or now cycles between Sonic + Tails (blue + orange bumpers), Sonic alone (both blue), Tails (both orange), Knuckles + Tails (red + orange bumpers), and Knuckles (both red).
- SRAM support to remember the character you last selected, and the last level completed.
- If holding while pressing to start a stage, the player starts all stages from then on at top speed (not saved between sessions).
- You can now press at the first screen to reach the menu, instead of holding + + .
- Select "SONIC 3K" on the first menu, and you will play through all 16 of Sonic 3 & Knuckles' Special Stages in order, including the 2 "secret" ones. Saving and code entry are disabled while this mode is active, and the game will reset upon completion of the last stage.
- Can Lock-On to other ROMs, including the Sonic games that would normally enable special modes when locked-on to Sonic & Knuckles.
- Users can lock-on a file containing custom levels to play.
- On real hardware, sound effects cause the music to glitch.
- The code for a level from a locked-on ROM is displayed without having to complete it first.